Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mandy Joss <to...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/02 18:54:09 UTC

How to set up JAVA_OPTS while running tomcat as a service

I am running Tomcat 4.1.24 as service but under stress I get
OutOfMemmoryError. To cure this I want to pass JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms256m
-Xmx1000m -Xincgc to the Tomcat. Can somebody please tell me where should I
specify JAVA_OPTS so that Tomcat running as service will look at them.

Re: How to set up JAVA_OPTS while running tomcat as a service

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.
On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 17:54, Mandy Joss wrote:
> I am running Tomcat 4.1.24 as service but under stress I get
> OutOfMemmoryError. To cure this I want to pass JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms256m
> -Xmx1000m -Xincgc to the Tomcat. Can somebody please tell me where should I
> specify JAVA_OPTS so that Tomcat running as service will look at them.

I put the settings into the catalina.sh file, e.g.

Posted by Thomas Tang <Th...@thestreet.com>.
Hi,

You would need to specify this prior to starting up Tomcat.
Just set your environment variables accordingly and fire up the tomcat
afterwards.

Thomas

"Mandy Joss" <to...@hotmail.com>
04/02/2004 11:54 AM