Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2007/08/03 12:01:11 UTC

Continuum vs build failures

Hi,

I can't help noticing that two out of three projects on
<http://jackrabbit.zones.apache.org/continuum/servlet/continuum/target/Summary.vm/fid/continuumProject>
are in status "build error".

With respect to Jackrabbit itself, this is because of a recent code
change; maybe the test cases that now fail are incorrect, but either
way, this really should be resolved so that other developers do not have
to spend time figuring out what's wrong. In doubt, back out the change
that causes the test case failure until the problem is understood and fixed.

Looking at SPI: I'm not sure whether this is an actual bug, or our
config for "testcases to be skipped" is still incomplete? Last time we
had success here was on July 23.

Finally, maybe it would be good if Continuum would send out emails to
this list when builds break. Jukka, would that be feasible?

Best regards, Julian

Re: Continuum vs build failures

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Angela Schreiber wrote:
>> Looking at SPI: I'm not sure whether this is an actual bug, or our
>> config for "testcases to be skipped" is still incomplete? Last time we
>> had success here was on July 23.
>
>> from what i see, the failing tests (4) and the error (1)
> are both due to problems with the XML-import (unbound prefix).
> if i remember correctly, this is caused by the xalan.jar shipped
> with jdk 1.4. has the configuration changed? otherwise i would
> expect that the build had never succeeded.

It seems that the build started to fail once the test cases have been
enabled :-)

So I guess we need to decide whether we want the tests to work with JDK
1.4. If we do, we'll have to fix them so that they work with Xalan's
serializer as well.

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi julian

> I can't help noticing that two out of three projects on
> <http://jackrabbit.zones.apache.org/continuum/servlet/continuum/target/Summary.vm/fid/continuumProject>
> are in status "build error".

> Looking at SPI: I'm not sure whether this is an actual bug, or our
> config for "testcases to be skipped" is still incomplete? Last time we
> had success here was on July 23.

from what i see, the failing tests (4) and the error (1)
are both due to problems with the XML-import (unbound prefix).
if i remember correctly, this is caused by the xalan.jar shipped
with jdk 1.4. has the configuration changed? otherwise i would
expect that the build had never succeeded.

angela