Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2014/01/16 16:37:08 UTC

Tracking document corruption reports

I've created a short survey related to document corruption issues,
specifically the kind where the contents of a file is replaced by hash
marks.  The survey asks the user for information related to the
circumstances of the issue, the machine configuration, OpenOffice
settings, etc.  The hope is that we can collect this information is a
systematic way and narrow down the problem.

So when we see reports of this kind of problem again, let's please ask
the user to enter the details here:

http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/334187/lang-en

This will be most useful for new reports going forward, where the user
will have this information fresh in their mind.  However, if you have
a good recollection of a previous incident, you can enter the details
for those as well.

(I've posted this information on the English Community Forum as well)

Thanks!

-Rob