Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Scott Chapman <sc...@lund.com> on 2000/08/18 04:54:36 UTC

Custom error screen under EmbPerl?

I'm attempting to make all the error checking for form submissions
be done at the PostgreSQL server via triggers.

I need a custom error screen under embperl.  I read in the docs that
you can set an option that will enable you to use mod_perl's custom
error screen features but I'm rather clueless about mod_perl and
doing all this.

Does anyone have an example of this?

TIA,
Scott.

Re: Custom error screen under EmbPerl?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I need a custom error screen under embperl.  I read in the docs that
> you can set an option that will enable you to use mod_perl's custom
> error screen features but I'm rather clueless about mod_perl and
> doing all this.
>
> Does anyone have an example of this?

<Location /embperl/errdoc>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 262144
ErrorDocument 500 /html/errmsg.htm
</Location>

When an error occurs the document /html/errmsg.htm will be shown, which
could of course (unless you run on WinNT) again an Embperl page (or another
script). In 1.3b5 (which I will soon release, or fetch it from the CVS) you
can retrieve any any errors that Embperl would normaly display with

$errors = $req_rec -> pnotes('EMBPERL_ERRORS') ;

where $errors is a array ref containing all the error message.

Gerald