Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com> on 2005/04/12 18:29:41 UTC

Need some help getting whois up and running with perl

I installed the Net::Whois Perl Module and keep getting an error
returned:

Can't connect to Whois serverNet::Whois: Can't connect to
whois.networksolutions.com: IO::Socket::INET: Bad service 'whois'

Any ideas on how to correct this?
I've already reinstalled my net/whois app.

Boysenberry

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to Humaniteque and / or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.

http://www.habitatlife.com
The World's Best Site Builder

Re: Need some help getting whois up and running with perl

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 11:29 -0500, Boysenberry Payne wrote:
> I installed the Net::Whois Perl Module and keep getting an error
> returned:

This mailing list is not for general Perl questions, just
mod_perl-specific ones.  If you need help with non-mod_perl things,
please try one of the resources listed here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/other.html

- Perrin

Re: Need some help getting whois up and running with perl

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Boysenberry Payne wrote:
> I installed the Net::Whois Perl Module and keep getting an error returned:
>
> Can't connect to Whois serverNet::Whois: Can't connect to
> whois.networksolutions.com: IO::Socket::INET: Bad service 'whois'
>
> Any ideas on how to correct this?
> I've already reinstalled my net/whois app.

Boysenberry, this is a mod_perl list. Please avoid asking off-topic
questions that you can ask in more appropriate forums. Please check
http://perlmonks.org/ and http://lists.perl.org/. Thank you.