Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Davide Corio <da...@redomino.com> on 2006/11/30 15:23:18 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.2.3 and headers management

Hi *,
I'm trying to setup Apache2 to pass auth headers to Zope
The problem is that I can use mod_ntlm to authenticate users against
Active Directory but I can't pass the REMOTE_USER variabile to Zope
(event with basic auth).
Apache passes (null).
I recompiled Apache with the SECURITY_HOLE_PASS_AUTHORIZATION flag but
the situation is the same.

I tried all the possibles solution discovered over the net...

In particular it doesn't work with:

    <Location />
        AuthName NTAuth
        AuthType NTLM
        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthoritative on
        NTLMServer myserver
        NTLMLockfile /tmp/_my.lck
        require valid-user
        RequestHeader add REMOTE_USER %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}e
    </Location>

but it works if I statically set the variable (e.g.):

    <Location />
        AuthName NTAuth
        AuthType NTLM
        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthoritative on
        NTLMServer myserver
        NTLMLockfile /tmp/_my.lck
        require valid-user
        RequestHeader add REMOTE_USER "anyuser"
    </Location>

Any possibile solutions?

--
Davide Corio                                davide.corio<at>redomino.com
Redomino S.r.l.            C.so Monte Grappa 90/b - 10145 Torino - Italy