Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by HughRodgers <hu...@lmco.com> on 2008/07/29 21:52:56 UTC

NPE with SimpleDataWriter and Remote testing

I have a test plan that uses the SimpleDataWriter (and no other listeners).
When I run it locally in GUI mode, the test results are written to the file
specified in the SimpleDataWriter. I then copy this test plan to the JMeter
remote/slave machines and run the test from the master JMeter GUI. The test
runs fine (I see the expected rows added to my database), but the results
file is empty. I look in the master JMeter's jmeter.log file and see
numerous NPEs for jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector.

Any ideas why the SimpleDataWriter would not work when I run my test plan
remotely?

Thanks.

Hugh Rodgers

Re: NPE with SimpleDataWriter and Remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/07/2008, HughRodgers <hu...@lmco.com> wrote:

>  I have a test plan that uses the SimpleDataWriter (and no other listeners).
>  When I run it locally in GUI mode, the test results are written to the file
>  specified in the SimpleDataWriter. I then copy this test plan to the JMeter
>  remote/slave machines and run the test from the master JMeter GUI. The test
>  runs fine (I see the expected rows added to my database), but the results
>  file is empty. I look in the master JMeter's jmeter.log file and see
>  numerous NPEs for jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector.
>
>  Any ideas why the SimpleDataWriter would not work when I run my test plan
>  remotely?

Can you provide a bit more detail, e.g. JMeter version, and snippets
from the client and server log files?