Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Grzegorz Chwajol <gc...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/11 11:17:20 UTC

[axis2] Service responding with OMElement

Hi,

I have a question concerning OMElement returned by a web service (as
in userguide/example1 and echo() operation). Everything is clear for
me if a client is also based on axis2 and understands what an
OMElement is. But what about a situation when a client is written with
eg. gSoap or some other web services implementation? How do the
interoperability issues look like in such a case? Maybe I'm wrong but
it seems to me that using OMElement reduces the variety of use of
possible web services implementations only to axis2, doesn't it?

Cheers,
--
Grzegorz Chwajoł

Re: [axis2] Service responding with OMElement

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
For the other client/server, there's no such limitation at all. The xml on
the wire does not show anything about OMElement or such (By looking at the
wire message you cannot usually distinguish how that SOAP message is made)
The idea of having an OMElement based methods is to allow the service author
more flexibility to handle the XML. The WSDL can show up xs:anyType in the
element which will work properly with most code generators.

--
Ajith Ranabahu