Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ganesan, Prabu" <pr...@capgemini.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/11 15:19:22 UTC

Tomcat is not Coming Up

Hi Team

Need Emergency Help,

Our Production Server Was Down, We have not Done any changes on this tomcat Level

But we are seeing this Message.

Old : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib

New : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Xmx3072m

Old : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library [1.2.23] using APR version [1.6.3]

New : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library [1.2.17] using APR version [1.4.8]

Is That could be reason to Not coming up the server?

Can someone Help me Please. We are not able to Start the services.

Thanks & Regards,
PrabuGanesan
Consultant|MS-Nordics
capgemini India Pvt. Ltd. | Bangalore
Contact: +91 8526554535
Email: prabhu.c.ganesan@capgemini.com

www.capgemini.com
People matter, results count.
Connect with Capgemini:

Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary.
Capgemini encourages environmental awareness.

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

There is no error visible in the provided snippet.
Usually, there are errors logged in other logfiles.
Please check every logfile in tomcat/logs folder and also check syslog for related errors.

Greetings,
Thomas

Re: Tomcat is not Coming Up

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Prabu,

Please don't hijack threads. Start a new thread instead of replying to
an old message. Your question will get better visibility that way.

Keep reading.

On 1/11/23 10:19, Ganesan, Prabu wrote:
> Our Production Server Was Down, We have not Done any changes on this tomcat Level
>
> But we are seeing this Message.
> Old : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib
>
> New : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Xmx3072m

These command-line options are completely different. I would review all
lines with "Command line argument" in them together.

> Old : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library [1.2.23] using APR version [1.6.3]
>
> New : INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library [1.2.17] using APR version [1.4.8]

It appears that without "any changes" your environment has suddenly been
downgraded from tcnative 1.2.23 to tcnative 1.2.17 and from APR 1.6.3 to
APR 1.4.8.

What version of Tomcat are you trying to launch? Has that version also
changed from "Old" to "New"?

> Is That could be reason to Not coming up the server?

Maybe. We need more information.

-chris

Re: Tomcat is not Coming Up

Posted by RAVIRAJ SHAH <me...@gmail.com>.
Check your server.xml file
APR related commented config seems changed.