Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Lehmacher <ma...@gmx.de> on 2005/09/26 11:52:30 UTC

issues when upgrading from T3 to T4

Hello everyone,

when trying to port a T3 app to T4 I stumbled across the following two
issues (for now ;)).

1. redirect-after-post? I know you can use a listener which returns an ILink
in order to redirect. However, I want to redirect and forward
interchangeably from the same listener (redirect on success, forward on
failure so I don't lose any information in my validation delegate). Using
the listener/success form-listeners with different return types does not
help me either because I might want to record errors from the
success-listener (which returns an ILink) into the delegate (which requires
a forward) myself. In T3 I used the TapestryRedirectException Paul Ferraro
posted on the mailing list once. Unfortunately it's implementation retrieves
services from the engine which is deprecated now. Speaking of returning an
ILink from a listener, tried that and ended up with Tapestry reporting a
RedirectException (yay! or more appropriately: wtf?).

2. BaseComponent#renderComponent(IMarkupWriter, IRequestCycle) not working
during rewind? I have some components which extend BaseComponent and
override it's renderComponent method. I used to initialize properties which
I can't initialize from pageBeginRender (like properties which depend on
parameters which are in their turn initialized in the containing component's
pageBeginRender method) in that method, during both rewind and render.
However, during rewind the method is not called anymore!?. So what do I do
now?

Thanks for any help in advance!

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++

AW: issues when upgrading from T3 to T4

Posted by Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.net>.
> on the mailing list once. Unfortunately it's implementation retrieves
services from the engine which is deprecated now. Speaking of returning
an ILink from a listener,
> tried that and ended up with Tapestry reporting a RedirectException
(yay! or more appropriately: w

had the same problem -

solved with T4 beta 8

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-647