Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Steven Payne <st...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/03 04:11:36 UTC

init-gradle-wrapper Windows

I have run into a problem a few times while trying to run the
init-gradle-wrapper command on Windows.  Before you can successfully run
the command, you need to set the execution policy of PowerShell7. See the
link below.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_execution_policies?view=powershell-7.2
On non-windows machines, the default execution policy is Unrestricted.
On windows machines, the default execution policy is Restricted.

Without changing this I can't run the init-gradle-wrapper command
successfully.

By setting the execution policy to Unrestricted, you'll be prompted to run
the script once you run the init-gradle-wrapper command.

Re: init-gradle-wrapper Windows

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for your feedback Steven,

This decides me to document in our main README rather than trying to handle all possibles cases.

Jacques