Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> on 2010/10/06 22:36:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
  <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>

Please test and place your votes please;

 +/- 1
 [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Vote closes on Monday October 11, 2010 at 10am PST.

This is our first release of the 0.4 and trunk for a couple months, it
includes many bug fixes, a few new features, and removal of the
dependency on Zope.Interface.

It is based upon this tag:
  <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.4.0>

Thanks,

Paul

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by Roman Bogorodskiy <bo...@gmail.com>.
  Paul Querna wrote:

> Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
>   <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>
>
> Please test and place your votes please;
>
>  +/- 1
>  [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

+1

Roman Bogorodskiy

Re: [libcloud] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by Tom Davis <to...@dislocatedday.com>.
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> > Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
> >  <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>
> >
> > Please test and place your votes please;
> >
> >  +/- 1
> >  [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0
> >
> > Vote closes on Monday October 11, 2010 at 10am PST.
>
> FTR, +1 from me.

+1

Re: [libcloud] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by Tom Davis <to...@dislocatedday.com>.
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> > Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
> >  <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>
> >
> > Please test and place your votes please;
> >
> >  +/- 1
> >  [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0
> >
> > Vote closes on Monday October 11, 2010 at 10am PST.
>
> FTR, +1 from me.

+1

[libcloud] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Posted by Jed Smith <je...@linode.com>.
[+1]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Regards,

Jed Smith
Systems Administrator
Linode, LLC
+1 (609) 593-7103 x1209
+1 (609) 742-4715 cell
jed@linode.com

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well.

Eric W.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
On Oct 6, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
>  <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>
>
> Please test and place your votes please;
>
> +/- 1
> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

+1 (non-binding)

[libcloud] RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Looks good.

Thanks

Gav...

Posted by Roman Bogorodskiy <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Although trunk is not the same as the release tarballs , looking at
http://ci.apache.org/projects/rat-master-summary.html and seeing that
Libcloud  has 0 errors is a good indicator.

:)

Gav...

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
  On 10/06/2010 02:36 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
> Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
>    <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>
>
> Please test and place your votes please;
>
>   +/- 1
>   [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

I've checked the sigs, built, and ran the tests, and it works fine for
me on my Linux (Fedora) box. I did not run RAT (since I can't get RAT to

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.0 are available at:
>  <http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/libcloud-0.4.0/>
>
> Please test and place your votes please;
>
>  +/- 1
>  [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0
>
> Vote closes on Monday October 11, 2010 at 10am PST.
>
> This is our first release of the 0.4 and trunk for a couple months, it
> includes many bug fixes, a few new features, and removal of the
> dependency on Zope.Interface.
>
> It is based upon this tag:
>  <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.4.0>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

I can't find the Incubator disclaimer text anywhere, it should be in a
DISCLAIMER file or be included in the README, that should be fixed for
next time but there's been a few Incubator releases let off with it
now so i guess its not a blocker. Also all the files in test\fixtures
are missing license headers, its not obvious to me if theres much IP
in those files, assuming there is not I'll give a +1 to this release
vote.

   ...ant

Re: [libcloud] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.0

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
Cheers for being BRMFL as always, Paul.

Jerry

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.