Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/04/04 00:09:37 UTC

Any objections against dropping GraniteDS 1.x Generator in Flexmojos?

Hi,

I'm currently finishing the task of supporting Jdk 1.7 and Maven 3.1 and 3.2 in Flexmojos.
A lot of trouble seem to be related to dependencies of the GraniteDS Generator 1.x ... dropping this reduced the amount of trouble quite a lot.
I would therefore like to simply drop that generator. Unfortunately I don't quite know if this would break anything with you guys.

What do you think?

Chris

AW: Any objections against dropping GraniteDS 1.x Generator in Flexmojos?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I usually set this tot he highest version supported. So you should be safe :-)

Chris

Posted by Gary Yang <fl...@gmail.com>.
It would a great help if there is a very thin built in layer where
developers can transform between entities and dtos, even the layer is as
simple as passing them directly, so that developers understand the
representation layer should have a different model at the very beginning.

Posted by William Drai <wi...@graniteds.net>.

--
William Draï
Granite Data Services

Re: Any objections against dropping GraniteDS 1.x Generator in Flexmojos?

Posted by Gary Yang <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Franck Wolff <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Just for the reference.

I think you should have a look at these wiki articles of mine.

General stuff on code generation:
https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Generating+your+model
How to work with the special needs of BlazeDS:
https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Flexmojos+generated+AS3+model+with+Enum+support+using+BlazeDS
Some advanced optimization taking control over which data is sent to the client
https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=22904872
If you have some problems with NaN an null values for numeric fields in your client-server communication:
https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Fixing+the+mapping+of+null+values+for+numeric+types

Think those should answer most of your model generation questions :-)

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Gary Yang <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.