Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/11 14:56:19 UTC

[Remote Testing] How can I see test results?

Hello!

I've target server and client on port 1644 and started they by case
described in User's Manual

So, in console where jmeter-server is running I can see the next notes:
- Starting the test on host <server_ip>:1644 .....
- Finished the test on host <server_ip>:1644 .....

and there is nothing in the GUI of client Jmeter instance.

How can I see test results?

What is wring?

--
Sincerely!
         Ivan Usik

Re: [Remote Testing] How can I see test results?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your attention to my problem!
>  I've resolved it! It was a problem with Vista IPv6 protocol, client is
>  running on Vista and server is running on Windows XP, so they were coudn't
>  connect normally. I've turned off IPv6 in Vista and now It's OK.

Was there any indication of this in the server log file?
If so, could you post the lines that show this so it can be documented?

>  But your advice still could be usefull for me. Would you like to explain me:
>  if I run 3 servers and 1 client (with 100 threads in 1 group) I'll get the
>  emulation of 3 PC (by 33 threads running on each). Am I right?

No, each server will run the entire test plan, i.e 100 threads each or
300 total.

All the Listener data will be shipped back to the client system, so
you may need to enable some form of batching or statistical sampling
(see jmeter.properties) to ensure that the client is not overloaded.
However 300 threads is not a huge number.

Posted by Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com>.

2009/3/12 sebb <se...@gmail.com>

> Sorry, attachments aren't allowed. Send me the log privately if you
> wish, or post it publicly and send the URL.
>
> On 12/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > There is a full content of the jmeter-server.log when I run that test
> (see
> > in attachments)

> the
> > >
> > > What about the server log?

> > case
> next
> > notes:

> > jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > >

> > --
> > Sincerely!
> >           Ivan Usik

Sincerely!
         Ivan Usik
--------------------------------------

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

2009/3/11 sebb <se...@gmail.com>

> On 11/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> >  Of course, I've added several Listeners and there are no errors in the
> >  client's Log.
>
> What about the server log?
>
> >  2009/3/11 sebb <se...@gmail.com>
> >

> >  > On 11/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > > Hello!
> >  > >
> >  > >  I've target server and client on port 1644 and started they by case
> >  > >  described in User's Manual
> >  > >
> >  > >  So, in console where jmeter-server is running I can see the next
> notes:
> >  > >  - Starting the test on host <server_ip>:1644 .....
> >  > >  - Finished the test on host <server_ip>:1644 .....
> >  > >
> >  > >  and there is nothing in the GUI of client Jmeter instance.
> >  > >
> >  > >  How can I see test results?
> >  >
> >  > They should appear in the Listener(s) on the client.
> >  >
> >  > >  What is wring?
> >  >
> >  > Have you added a Listener?
> >  >
> >  > Check for any errors in the client or server logs.
> >  >
> >  > >
> >  > >  --
> >  > >  Sincerely!
> >  > >          Ivan Usik
> >  > >  --------------------------------------
> >  > >  Skype: ivan.usik
> >  > >  Phone: +375 29 973 21 85
> >  > >  e-mail: usik.ivan@gmail.com
> >  > >
> >  >

> >  > For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >  >
> >  >

> >  --
> >
> > Sincerely!
> >          Ivan Usik

Sincerely!
         Ivan Usik
--------------------------------------

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>  Of course, I've added several Listeners and there are no errors in the
>  client's Log.

What about the server log?

Posted by Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

2009/3/11 sebb <se...@gmail.com>

> On 11/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> >  I've target server and client on port 1644 and started they by case
> >  described in User's Manual
> >
> >  So, in console where jmeter-server is running I can see the next notes:
> >  - Starting the test on host <server_ip>:1644 .....
> >  - Finished the test on host <server_ip>:1644 .....
> >
> >  and there is nothing in the GUI of client Jmeter instance.
> >
> >  How can I see test results?
>
> They should appear in the Listener(s) on the client.
>
> >  What is wring?
>
> Have you added a Listener?
>
> Check for any errors in the client or server logs.
>

> >  --
> >  Sincerely!
> >          Ivan Usik

Sincerely!