Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> on 2003/11/25 23:53:26 UTC

repository

Hi all,

I have the following in my merlin user repository :-

         <resource id="commons-jelly-tags-define" version="SNAPSHOT"/>
         <resource id="commons-jelly-tags-bsf" version="SNAPSHOT"/>

Both these files seem to reside in maven under group commons-jelly and
are not found when starting up merlin.

Can somebody tell me what is the correct format for these?

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: repository

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Peter Courcoux wrote:
>
>> I have the following in my merlin user repository :-
>>
>>         <resource id="commons-jelly-tags-define" version="SNAPSHOT"/>
>>         <resource id="commons-jelly-tags-bsf" version="SNAPSHOT"/>
>>
>> Both these files seem to reside in maven under group commons-jelly and
>> are not found when starting up merlin.
>>
>> What is the correct format for this?
>>

> The format is fine.

Correction !!!
The format is not ok - have to have"[group-id]:[artifactid]" .. e.g.

"commons-jelly:commons-jelly-tags-define"

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: repository

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Courcoux wrote:

>I have the following in my merlin user repository :-
>
>         <resource id="commons-jelly-tags-define" version="SNAPSHOT"/>
>         <resource id="commons-jelly-tags-bsf" version="SNAPSHOT"/>
>
>Both these files seem to reside in maven under group commons-jelly and
>are not found when starting up merlin.
>
>What is the correct format for this?

The format is fine.

>Cause: java.lang.Exception
>Message: Unable to locate resource from which to load info for component implemented by class "{0}".

There are two issues here:

1. your missing the <classname>.xinfo files (did you run avalon:meta and
the xinfo files included in the jar)
2. a minimor bug in the meta package that was not providing the
classname (thats why you see {0}) but that's been fixed and committed

Steve.