Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Anders Kvibäck <ak...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/22 16:32:15 UTC

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Hi!

I've been trying to run some performance tests and I followed the guide. I
started off with the class AOOTest and it workewd fine, so then I did the
class smoke test and it worked fine plus some more.
 But now all of a sudden I can't run the tests anymore. I just get the
message:

*java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't connect to automation server!*

JUnit starts fine and I get the message in console:
*
INFO: Start running test method [smokeTest]*

but after 30 sec it stops

I do the same tests again but it doesn't work.

I've spent an hour or two on google but I couldn't find anything useful so
far.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Anders

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
(1)For PVT report you can record as wiki on
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report

*  GUI PVT:*
    1)open pvt.gui.Benchmark.xml with OO
    2)compute test result

   - Remove the minimum and maximum result
   - Compute the average and standard deviation of the rest 5
results.* *Note:the
   standard deviation is to reflect whether the results are stable.

*  UNO PVT:*
    1)Open pvt.uno.Conversion.xml with OO
    2)Show your result without compute.

     First of all,  You need run on the AOO 3.4.1 release to establish a
baseline.  To make your PVT result more meaningful.

(2)For test.uno.project, you need follow
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide>
    I've ran uno project on Eclipse and Command, it works fine.
    From your error message, I know that your openoffice.home set with the
wrong path. openoffice.home is your default install directory. Below is the
list of default install path

Mac OS X: "*/Applications/OpenOffice.org.app/Contents"*

Linux: "*/opt/openoffice.org3*"

Windows: "*C:/Program Files/OpenOffice.org 3*"

Windows 64b: "*C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenOffice.org 3*"

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for reminder, pvt code was reconstructed to shield the impact of
cool startup and warm startup.
So now, no need to remove the first round result.

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by colin mcdermott <co...@gmail.com>.
Can I ask a dumb question?

--
Regards

Colin McDermott

0433 400 256

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Anders Kvibäck <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.