Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yann Eagle <ye...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/12 18:05:11 UTC

how to rebuild an old release ?

Hello

I am trying to figure out how to rebuild an old release of a project.
Let says that my current release is 1.1 so Maven will generate in the
repository the jar file (ie myApp-1.1.jar) and the pom (ie MyApp-1.1.pom).

Now, I would like to rebuild an old version of this application.
How can I acheive this?
I guess it is possible because the pom is saved with the version, that means
there is a way to retreive all the information to rebuild a specific
version.

Is the followings tags in the project.xml can help to this problem?
     <versions>
      <version>
         <id>b8</id>
         <name>1.0-8</name>
         <tag>MyTAG_1_0_B8</tag>
       </version>
       <version>
         <id>b9</id>
         <name>1.0-9</name>
         <tag>HEAD</tag>
       </version>
     </versions>

What are they for?

Thank you

Yann.

RE: how to rebuild an old release ?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

Check the scm:perform-release goal in maven-scm-plugin

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project