Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "McKerral, Cameron" <mc...@anz.com> on 2002/10/17 01:53:18 UTC

invalid xml contents

Hi all,

Just a quick question to see if xerces has a list of invliad xml content
characters that I can reference when building a simple xml document? I'm
trying to build  a simple and quick XML generator (instead of creating a DOM
document - due to overheads) ... and basically, I want to ensure that
content like:
<mytag>some invalid characters & > < in content</mytag> is handled
appropriately (ie. end with invalid character error).

I haven't been able to find a definitive list of invalid content characters,
and hoping that there is a simple concise list, or that I can reference a
xerces structure which lists the invalid characters.

Hope this makes sense ... thanks in advance for any info,

Cheers,
Cam