Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com> on 2008/03/11 23:13:10 UTC

new attributes for ofbiz-component.xml ?

Hi all,

I'd like to add two new attributes to webapp element in ofbiz-component.xml
The first one is description and could be used for a longer (more detailed)
title. Then it can be used for title attribute in the main menu link, so for
example when the user moves the mouse on HR link, the title will appear like
"Human Resource Application".

The second attribute is position (or sequence) and could be used for
positioning the applications on the main menu. Then everyone can order the
applications as needed(not only alphabetically). There was already someone
asking about this feature if i remember right.

Is this a good idea and acceptable for OFBiz?

I'll appreciate comments from the community.

Bilgin

Re: new attributes for ofbiz-component.xml ?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
David E Jones wrote:
> Another idea that has come up recently is to put certain of the menu
> items in the footer to help clean up and simplify the header, and allow
> the header to be more oriented to the main applications that
> non-technical end-users would be interested in.
>
> Some that would go in the footer include things like ebay, google base,
> ebay, BI, webtools, etc.

I've been considering restyling the main navigation so that it is a list
in the left column. The current number of applications breaks the
tab-like layout, so I was thinking a list would be a better choice.

-Adrian

Re: SPAM* LOW * [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 8.0/5.5] Re: new attributes for ofbiz-component.xml ?

Posted by Marco Ruocco <ma...@mapsengineering.com>.
+1

Marco

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ti...@sastau.it>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Yes. Something like:

<webapp name="accounting"
     title="Accounting"
     tooltip-property="AccountingMainTooltip"
     navigation="primary"
     navigation-sequence="1"
     server="default-server"
     location="webapp/accounting"
     base-permission="OFBTOOLS,ACCOUNTING"
     mount-point="/accounting"/>

or something similar. Naming these things has never been one of my
strengths, but that's the general idea.

-Adrian

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Another idea that has come up recently is to put certain of the menu
items in the footer to help clean up and simplify the header, and
allow the header to be more oriented to the main applications that non-
technical end-users would be interested in.

Some that would go in the footer include things like ebay, google
base, ebay, BI, webtools, etc.

-David

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Weizhan Guo

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Sumit,

Can you clarifdy how to use Enumeration for second option please?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 !

Yes drag'n'drop would be great !

From: "Sumit Pandit" <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by "Enrique Ruibal A." <er...@prodigy.net.mx>.

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Bilgin,

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Bilgin Ibryam wrote:
> I'd like to add two new attributes to webapp element in ofbiz-component.xml
> The first one is description and could be used for a longer (more detailed)
> title. Then it can be used for title attribute in the main menu link, so for
> example when the user moves the mouse on HR link, the title will appear like
> "Human Resource Application".

A tooltip attribute would be appropriate for that.

-Adrian

Re: new attributes for ofbiz-component.xml ?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 !

Jacques

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@iguanait.com>