Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yakob <ja...@opensuse-id.org> on 2010/12/01 11:53:02 UTC

Re: precision and recall in lucene

On 11/30/10, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Yakob <ja...@opensuse-id.org> wrote:
>
>> can you tell me what went wrong? what is the difference between
>> topicsFile and qrelsFile anyway?
>>

> well its hard to tell what you are supplying as topics and qrels.
> have a look at /src/lia/benchmark in the LIA2 sample code: it has an
> example topic and 3 rows in qrels for it.
>
> basically, the topicsFile contains the "queries", and the qrelsFile
> contains judgements as to which documents are relevant.
>
> P.S.: once you have an index, a topics, and a qrels file, you can just
> use org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.trec.QueryDriver (it has a
> main method)

well yes your information is really helpful.I did find a topics and
qrels file that come in /src/lia/benchmark in the LIA2 sample code.
and the result did change slightly.but the precision and recall value
is still zero. I did also happen to use QueryDriver as you're
suggesting and the result is also the same as precision and recall is
still zero. I really need the value of precision and recall to be
anything but zero

I also put this question in stackoverflow so you can check this link
if you wanted to know more of my problem.

http://t.co/t0hat0T

so any further advice would be helpful though :-)
--
http://jacobian.web.id

Re: precision and recall in lucene

Posted by Yakob <ja...@opensuse-id.org>.
On 12/1/10, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you fill the topics files with list of queries, like the lia2 example
> that has a single query for "apache source":
>
> <top>
> <num> Number: 0
> <title> apache source
> <desc> Description:
> <narr> Narrative:
> </top>
>
> then you populate the qrels file with the "answers" for your document
> collection:
>
> #       qnum   0   doc-name     is-relevant
>
> 0        0       apache1.0.txt           1
> 0        0       apache1.1.txt           1
> 0        0       apache2.0.txt           1
>
> this says that these 3 documents are relevant results for the query
> "apache source"

OMG, you are really helpful.I just did it.I really think we should be
friend on facebook though.hehe...

thank you. :-)

--
http://jacobian.web.id