Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Christoph Theis <th...@gmx.at> on 2005/08/09 09:10:09 UTC

Re[2]: Bug in MinML?

Hi Jochen,
> I have now attempted to read the code in question, but have to admit
> that I do not understand it sufficiently. Would it be possible for you
> to provide a small test case, that reproduces the problem?

OK, I will try. I have to remember which XML file produced the
problem. Or construct a test case.

> Sorry,

No problem.
I hope John will have the time to look into it.

> P.S: I'd also appreciate, if you could make this within a Jira bug
> report. This goes far too long to be handled by email.

OK for that, too.

Christoph

Re: Bug in MinML?

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
On 16 Aug 2005, at 21:21, Christoph Theis wrote:

> Hi John!
>

>> I would really appreciate if you could produce a test which
>> reproduces the problem. I may have already fixed this bug in the
>> latest version of MinML - the version in CVS is a little old.
>>

>> If you can give me a test which reproduces the problem I'll be able
>> to fix it very quickly (I hope!)
>>

> I hoped I could find the example file again, but without success
> sofar. I have to find the time to create an artificial example.
> Fortunately (for xmlrpc) it concerns CDATA only, so that bug is not
> relevant to this project :)

I certainly don't know of any XML-RPC implementation which uses CDATA
sections.

> Another question, because you said that the CVS version is rather old:
> On your website I read that you were planning a MinML version that
> will recognize the encoding. Is it ready to use? I would need a parser
> that will do that and, having MinML, I would love if it already can do
> it and I don't have to hack around it.

I have an experimental version of MinML2 which recognises encodings
(I did it as part of my work on the JSR 172 EG). If you contact me
off-list I will try and dig a copy out for you.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk

Re: Bug in MinML?

Posted by Christoph Theis <th...@gmx.at>.
Hi John!

> I would really appreciate if you could produce a test which
> reproduces the problem. I may have already fixed this bug in the
> latest version of MinML - the version in CVS is a little old.

> If you can give me a test which reproduces the problem I'll be able
> to fix it very quickly (I hope!)

I hoped I could find the example file again, but without success
sofar. I have to find the time to create an artificial example.
Fortunately (for xmlrpc) it concerns CDATA only, so that bug is not
relevant to this project :)

Another question, because you said that the CVS version is rather old:
On your website I read that you were planning a MinML version that
will recognize the encoding. Is it ready to use? I would need a parser
that will do that and, having MinML, I would love if it already can do
it and I don't have to hack around it.

Best regards

Christoph

Re: Re[2]: Bug in MinML?

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
On 9 Aug 2005, at 08:10, Christoph Theis wrote:

> Hi Jochen,
>
>> I have now attempted to read the code in question, but have to admit
>> that I do not understand it sufficiently. Would it be possible for
>> you
>> to provide a small test case, that reproduces the problem?
>>

> OK, I will try. I have to remember which XML file produced the
> problem. Or construct a test case.
>

>> Sorry,
>>

> No problem.
> I hope John will have the time to look into it.
>

>> P.S: I'd also appreciate, if you could make this within a Jira bug
>> report. This goes far too long to be handled by email.
>>

> OK for that, too.

Hi Christoph!

Sorry to come late to this thread - I have just returned from vacation.