Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net> on 2006/01/12 14:43:19 UTC

Problem with Event Handler

Hello,

I got some trouble using the event handlers introduced in car selector
example:

Somehow I can't get the event handler to work the form definition looks like
this:

<fd:widgets>
           <fd:field id="allUsers" required="true">
            <fd:label>allUsers</fd:label>
            <fd:datatype base="string"/>
	      <fd:selection-list >
                <fd:item value="1"/>
                <fd:item value="2"/>
                <fd:item value="3"/>
            </fd:selection-list>
            <fd:on-value-changed>
                <fd:javascript>
                     var msg = this.lookupWidget("../message");
                     msg.value = "Selecting.";
                   </fd:javascript>
            </fd:on-value-changed>
        </fd:field>

        <fd:output id="message" initial-value="Nothing new happened">
            <fd:datatype base="string"/>
            <fd:on-value-changed>
                <fd:javascript>
                    java.lang.System.err.println("Message changed to ");
                </fd:javascript>
            </fd:on-value-changed>
        </fd:output>
    </fd:widgets>
</fd:form>

The template looks like this.:

    <content>
        <ft:form-template action="index" method="POST">
            <ft:continuation-id/>
            <fi:group>
                <fi:styling layout="columns"/>
                <fi:items>
                        <ft:widget id="allUsers">
                        <fi:styling submit-on-change="true"/>
                    </ft:widget>
                 <ft:widget id="message"/>
                 <ft:widget id="submitIt"/>
                </fi:items>
            </fi:group>
         </ft:form-template>
    </content>
</page>

Why is this not working? I also noticed that in my flow script I can't call
the widget values. Like this:

  var wid = form.getWidget();
    wid.make.value = cocoon.parameters.defaultMake;

Cheers,

Pete