Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Dan Rollo <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/01 01:52:35 UTC

Re: Modular build

Hi Peter,

I’ll try to pitch in where I can.

Dan

From: Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>
Subject: Modular build
Date: January 30, 2018 at 5:11:08 AM EST
To: "<de...@river.apache.org>" <de...@river.apache.org>

Hello fellow River folks!

How do we want to start the modular build, should we create a new svn branch and replace trunk when it's complete?

I'm just initially looking at creating the build structure and copying across the relevant packages.

This will be based on the JGDMS build structure, but with River code from trunk as it is now.

Apart from modularity, the JGDMS build also checks for known security bugs and uses findbugs to perform static analysis.

Once we've got a modular build working, we can compare the JGDMS code, module by module.

Anyone have any spare cycles to help?

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Modular build

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Thanks Dan, your help and guidance will definitely be appreciated!

Cheers,

Peter.