Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 12:47:53 UTC

Issue while setting up eclipse for mapreduce

Hi,
i am currently following this blog to set my eclipse. but i am stuck at the
step 2.
i am unable to find these files
any kind of input ...
*1- Go to your HADOOP_HOME/contrib folder. Copy
the hadoop-eclipse-plugin-*.jar somewhere and extract it. This will give a
folder named hadoop-eclipse-plugin-**
*
**2- Now, add following 5 jars from your HADOOP_HOME/lib folder to the
hadoop-eclipse-plugin-*/lib folder, you have got just now after extracting
the plugin :*
*    commons-configuration-1.6.jar*
*    commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar*
*    commons-lang-2.4.jar*
*    jackson-core-asl-1.0.1.jar*
*    jackson-mapper-asl-1.0.1.jar*
*
*
*3- Now, modify the hadoop-eclipse-plugin-*/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file and
change the Bundle-ClassPath to :*
*Bundle-ClassPath: classes /, lib / hadoop-core.jar,
lib/commons-cli-1.2.jar, lib/commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar,
lib/jackson-core-asl-1.0.1.jar , lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.0.1.jar,
lib/commons-configuration-1.6.jar, lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar*
*
*
*4- Now, re 'jar' the package and place this new jar inside eclipse/plugin
directory and restart the eclipse. *

Re: Issue while setting up eclipse for mapreduce

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Bertrand ,

Sorry this question would feel very silly. Please don't mind
i am new to hadoop . so trying setup the things one by one.
so maven i am not getting what s this maven

Regards
Rahul

Posted by rahul p <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Bertrand ,