Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/14 21:41:00 UTC

Big patch coming.

I'll be committing LUCENE-3808 to trunk tonight. This patch removes
'random' field from LuceneTestCase and replaces it with random() (a
static method in LuceneTestCase). Because of this, it affects nearly
every single test in Lucene and Solr. If you have open branches or
patches, they most likely won't apply (but fixing them should be
trivial).

I will try to check everything locally but I will most likely fail
because of the complexity involved. Please do review and speak up if
things aren't working the way you expect them to (or behave
abnormally).

There are minor changes to how tests infrastructure works -- I'll be
sending an e-mail explaining these differences after I commit things
in.

Dawid