Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mitchell Cohen <mi...@eepulse.com> on 2003/03/28 15:26:54 UTC

Build In Eclipse

When I try to build cocoon using ANT from eclipse, I get the following
error:

"class XConfToolTask cannot be found"

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong.

Mitchell

Re: Build In Eclipse

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@rocketred.com.au>.
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:26:54 -0500, Mitchell Cohen wrote:

> When I try to build cocoon using ANT from eclipse, I get the following
> error:
>
> "class XConfToolTask cannot be found"
>
> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong.

Nothing. I think you'll find that cocoon uses ant 1.6 alpha and eclipse
uses 1.5.x. To put it simply I don't think you'll be able to run the
cocoon ant files using the eclipse plugin. You can however use an
external task to launch the cocoon build.sh.

-k.

--
If you don't test then your code is only a collection of bugs which
apparently behave like a working program.

Website: http://www.rocketred.com.au/blogs/kevin/

AW: Build In Eclipse

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
MessageAFAIK the cocoon source comes with its own ANT including custom
tasks. that ANT is then used from the build script. you might be able to do
the <taskdef> for the eclipse integrated ANT. but maybe that's already
handled by a target that should exist in the build.xml; eclipse.project IIRC
which is to generate the eclipse project file.