Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au> on 2016/05/25 14:05:58 UTC

Follow up on documentation issues

I've managed to find my way round the LDP interface through trial and error
to reach some answers.

It seems that the LDP API is sensitive to the host name:
 - in my environment I cannott post to localhost and get a result - I have
to use the external IP address. This makes configuration of a re-usable
backend a bigger pain.

I was able to load reasoning rules and successfully run them.

I am now trying to negotiate PUT vs POST for container creation - it is
optional for PUT to create a new container - Marmotta seems to respond with
a 428 status, so i guess its not supported. The problem is I seem to be
getting a 428 also if i try to use PUT to overwrite an existing container.
Maybe I'm misreading the spec here - but is that the correct behaviour?

Rob Atkinson

Re: Follow up on documentation issues

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Yes, we do not have PR workflow for SVN like we have for Git...

Anyway, I applied your patches with some fixes (r1746248) and you have it
now the content live at our staging site:

http://marmotta.staging.apache.org/configuration.html
http://marmotta.staging.apache.org/installation.html

Thanks!

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au>.
Hi Sergio -

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au>.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au>.
Thanks Sergio.

I have read that page  many times and I still dont really understand
exactly what you mean by "Note that the host name and port you are using
for the first access to your installation is *important* since decides on
how Linked Data resources will be handled later"

what constitutes an "access"?- first time you access in a browser, first
time you edit configs and restart, first time you post something to an
endpoint?

cheers
Rob

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.