Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jesse Pelton <js...@PKC.com> on 2000/09/27 17:07:19 UTC

DOM_Document::putIdentifier()

DOM_Document.hpp includes a prototype and documentation for a
putIdentifier() function that, as near as I can tell, is not implemented.
Too bad, 'cause I think I could use it.  If it can be slipped into 1.3, that
would be great; if not, the reference in the header should be removed.

Re: DOM_Document::putIdentifier()

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
Yes, this putIdentifier() looks like a function that was never implemented
on DOM_Document.  I have removed it from the header for now, since I'm
trying to make everything clean for a stable release.

I assume that it was meant to put an attribute of type ID on an element,
so that getElementById could then locate the element.  I think that having
some way to do this would be good.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com