Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Kriegisch <Al...@mathema.de> on 2006/07/25 07:34:42 UTC

How to configure Maven2 changelog plugin

Hi,

this is really a newbie's question: I am trying to configure the changelog
plugin in Maven 2, but I don't even know where to put the <plugin> section
in my pom.xml. I tried to stuff it directly into <build>, into <reporting>
and a few others. I am always getting parse errors.

The thing is, that the plugin project page shows sample config snippets,
but without any context. So I would appreciate a full sample pom.xml and
also a sample command line, as I don't even know which goal to specify. I
never used Maven 1.x and am still a Maven 2 newbie, as I said. So I
apologise to everybody who thinks this should be crystal-clear. It is not
to me, unfortunately.

Regards
Alexander Kriegisch

Re: How to configure Maven2 changelog plugin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
/me Slaps palm to forehead

Doh. Of course you were, my bad.

Here's a link to the docs for that plugin.
   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/

They are in the process of being rewritten. Is you want to track that
check this issue in JIRA:
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGELOG-40

Dennis Lundberg

Re: How to configure Maven2 changelog plugin

Posted by Alexander Kriegisch <Al...@mathema.de>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
See

Posted by Alexander Kriegisch <Al...@mathema.de>.

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is really a newbie's question: I am trying to configure the changelog
> plugin in Maven 2, but I don't even know where to put the <plugin> section
> in my pom.xml. I tried to stuff it directly into <build>, into <reporting>
> and a few others. I am always getting parse errors.
>
> The thing is, that the plugin project page shows sample config snippets,
> but without any context. So I would appreciate a full sample pom.xml and
> also a sample command line, as I don't even know which goal to specify. I
> never used Maven 1.x and am still a Maven 2 newbie, as I said. So I
> apologise to everybody who thinks this should be crystal-clear. It is not
> to me, unfortunately.

We are working on improving the documentation for all plugins. There is
a work-in-progress page that you can check out until it has been
published officially:

   http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/maven-changes-plugin/

--
Dennis Lundberg