Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> on 2007/10/03 23:03:25 UTC

Releasing Subverion 1.4.6

Re: Releasing Subverion 1.4.6

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Re: Releasing Subverion 1.4.6

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Mark Phippard wrote:

> On 10/3/07, Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com> wrote:
> > "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> > > I know that we're all pretty focused on getting ready for the 1.5
> > > branch, but it's has been more than four months since the latest bugfix
> > > release on the 1.4.x branch (1.4.5 was a security fix).  We've fixed a
> > > lot of bugs since then, and there's quite a number of pending items in
> > > STATUS right now.  I'd like to move that we clean them up and release
> > > 1.4.6 around the time that we branch 1.5, if not sooner.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > +1, but may I suggest that we release 1.4.6 after branching 1.5 (but
> > before the 1.5 release), so we can concentrate on making that branch
> > date first?
>
> I was going to say the same thing.

+1

Re: Releasing Subverion 1.4.6

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Releasing Subverion 1.4.6

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> I know that we're all pretty focused on getting ready for the 1.5
> branch, but it's has been more than four months since the latest bugfix
> release on the 1.4.x branch (1.4.5 was a security fix).  We've fixed a
> lot of bugs since then, and there's quite a number of pending items in
> STATUS right now.  I'd like to move that we clean them up and release
> 1.4.6 around the time that we branch 1.5, if not sooner.
>
> Thoughts?

+1, but may I suggest that we release 1.4.6 after branching 1.5 (but
before the 1.5 release), so we can concentrate on making that branch
date first?

-K

Re: Releasing Subverion 1.4.6

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> I know that we're all pretty focused on getting ready for the 1.5
> branch, but it's has been more than four months since the latest bugfix
> release on the 1.4.x branch (1.4.5 was a security fix).  We've fixed a
> lot of bugs since then, and there's quite a number of pending items in
> STATUS right now.  I'd like to move that we clean them up and release
> 1.4.6 around the time that we branch 1.5, if not sooner.
>
> Thoughts?
In the sake of me not being frustrated again after a 1.4.x release, can
we this time:
1. do a full sweep of all issues proposed for backport in STATUS
2. either mark them as blocked or vote for their inclusion.
3. release 1.4.6 with a clean STATUS ?

Lieven