Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Priyank Johri <pj...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/05 00:22:18 UTC

Basic Configuration File Question

Hi all,
I am new to log4j, hence a simple question on
log4j.properties file. Is there more documentation
about all possible name/value pairs specified in the
files than given in the sample files for the 'Sort'
example? For e.g. if I want to name my log files
so that they contain today's date as part of their
name, how do I do that?

Thanks,
Priyank

=====
Priyank

Re: Basic Configuration File Question

Posted by Mike Dougherty <Mi...@san.rr.com>.
Priyank Johri wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am new to log4j, hence a simple question on
> log4j.properties file. Is there more documentation
> about all possible name/value pairs specified in the
> files than given in the sample files for the 'Sort'
> example? For e.g. if I want to name my log files
> so that they contain today's date as part of their
> name, how do I do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Priyank
>
> =====
> Priyank

Priyank,

This should really have gone to the log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org list.
However, you can find the answer to your question by looking at the
javadocs for the PatternLayout object. The javadocs are at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/index.html

/mike