Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/04/29 23:43:46 UTC

note about graduation thread on general@incubator

Hi,

You may already be following it, but the vote thread on
general@incubator is ongoing. It did get stuck on the wording of the
resolution in regards to the purpose of the project being 'a bit
generic', so David has proposed an alternative wording.

David - can you update the draft charter in SVN? I'm going to then
assume lazy consensus (so if you object to the wording, do say so as
soon as possible). Once the thread wraps up on general@incubator,
I'll restart the vote with the updated resolution.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: note about graduation thread on general@incubator

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Apr 29, 2007, at 5:00 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You may already be following it, but the vote thread on
>> general@incubator is ongoing. It did get stuck on the wording of
>> the resolution in regards to the purpose of the project being 'a
>> bit generic', so David has proposed an alternative wording.
>>
>> David - can you update the draft charter in SVN? I'm going to then
>> assume lazy consensus (so if you object to the wording, do say so
>> as soon as possible). Once the thread wraps up on
>> general@incubator, I'll restart the vote with the updated resolution.
>
> Done.  Working in suggestions from Robert on the incubator list, we
> have this:
>
>  "enterprise application containers and object distribution services"

With some feedback from Noel we now have this (thanks Noel!).

        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
        project related to enterprise application containers and object
        distribution services [based on, but not limited to the
        Enterprise JavaBeans Specification]; and be it further

I don't think it gets much better than that :)

Noel, do you know if we need to put that new chunk in the "WHEREAS"
part at the top too or just the actual resolution "RESOLVED" paragraph?

-David

Re: note about graduation thread on general@incubator

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
wow nice wording ;)