Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2017/12/04 19:30:57 UTC

Does the string "Java/1.8.0_112" in httpclient log messages indicate the running JDK, or what it was compiled against?

I'm trying to track an issue with JDK versions being used with our code.  In our log messages, we're seeing strings with the following contents: "Apache-HttpClient/4.5.3 (Java/1.8.0_112)".  Does the reference to the JDK version there indicate the version of the JDK at runtime, or the version of the JDK that compiled the httpclient artifact (or perhaps something else)?

Re: Does the string "Java/1.8.0_112" in httpclient log messages indicate the running JDK, or what it was compiled against?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
In my experience it's the version of the JVM running the application making
the request.