Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Fernandes <ry...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 14:09:33 UTC

service unit descriptor

Hi,
Am still finding my way around servicemix and have a simple query regarding
the service-unit descriptor.

Section 6.3 (Packaging) of the JBI spec mentions that a service unit archive
should also have a jbi.xml descriptor. However, the servicemix examples
(soap-demo etc) just have the xbean.xml in the s.u. archive.

1. Have I read the spec wrong and we dont need a jbi.xml within the su.jar ?

2. If we do need the jbi.xml (even if servicemix doesnt care about it),
could you tell me where I can find an example?

Many thanks,
-Ryan
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: service unit descriptor

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The xbean.xml is not used by the JBI container.
It is required by some components which use it as the main
artifact in the packaged service unit.
However this is specific to a given component (the JBI spec
does not mandate any particular packaging other than the
jbi descriptor).  For example, servicemix-bpe will not use any
xbean.xml file, but will use a ".bpel" file.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: service unit descriptor

Posted by Ryan Fernandes <ry...@gmail.com>.

Re: service unit descriptor

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Ryan Fernandes <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Am still finding my way around servicemix and have a simple query
> regarding
> the service-unit descriptor.
>
> Section 6.3 (Packaging) of the JBI spec mentions that a service unit
> archive
> should also have a jbi.xml descriptor. However, the servicemix examples
> (soap-demo etc) just have the xbean.xml in the s.u. archive.
>
> 1. Have I read the spec wrong and we dont need a jbi.xml within the su.jar?

The spec requires a jbi descriptor for the SU, but ServiceMix does not
enforce this.
Though, if you put one, you will be able to defined connections and
ServiceMix will use these.

2. If we do need the jbi.xml (even if servicemix doesnt care about it),
> could you tell me where I can find an example?

We do not have much examples of SU jbi descriptors :(
You should refer to the schema in the JBI spec, which is not very complex.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Many thanks,