Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Hansson <pe...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/05/29 06:33:02 UTC

Javadoc plugin - centralized branding

Hi all,

I would like to be able to centralize our company's branding of Javadoc

and cannot figure out how to do that with the Javadoc plugin.

All projects in our company inherit from the same POM, known as our company pom.
So far, so good.

We've managed to centralize the use of our Javadoc *stylesheet* by doing the

following in the company pom:

<plugins>
  <plugin>
    <version>2.9.1</version>
    <configuration>
      <stylesheetfile>com/acme/javadoc/jdoc-stylesheet.css</stylesheetfile>
    </configuration>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>com.acme.javadoc</groupId>
        <artifactId>stylesheet</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
  </plugin>
</plugins>

This works well and is also quite well documented by the plugin (thanks!).

However a 'branding package' contains other things than just a stylesheet,

namely things such as images (logos), js files, etc. While the javadoc plugin

has indeed several options to let you include resources (the word for images, etc)

there doesn't seem to be a way to do this via a dependency, meaning there doesn't

seem to be a way that we can centralize our javadoc 'branding package'.

How do people generally solve this issue?

Peter

Re: Javadoc plugin - centralized branding