Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Pieter-Jan Dewitte <pi...@atmosuav.com> on 2021/02/16 12:09:30 UTC

CONFIG_NSH_CMDPARMS not working as expected

Hi all,

I'm looking for help and found on Github this is the best way.

In short, I don't understand why "set FOO `pwd`" gives me this error:

"nsh: pwd: open failed: No such file or directory"

I don't understand it because the documentation
<https://nuttx.apache.org/docs/latest/applications/nsh/config.html#nsh-specific-configuration-settings>suggests
this should work if  CONFIG_NSH_CMDPARMS is enabled.

Context:

   - I'm using Nuttx through PX4 with the "Cube Orange"
   - In the configuration of that board I see "CONFIG_NSH_CMDPARMS" turned
   on:
      -
      https://github.com/PX4/PX4-Autopilot/blob/master/boards/cubepilot/cubeorange/nuttx-config/console/defconfig
      -
      https://github.com/PX4/PX4-Autopilot/blob/master/boards/cubepilot/cubeorange/nuttx-config/nsh/defconfig
      - I'm afraid that as an end user, I don't know what the
      difference between these configurations is and how I can tell whether the
      parameter is in fact enabled in the shell I'm accessing

For reference, I asked this question earlier also on the PX4 forum:
https://discuss.px4.io/t/nuttx-output-from-commands/21015

Any help or pointers are appreciated!

Best regards / Vriendelijke groet,

Pieter-Jan Dewitte
R&D Engineer
*ATMOS UAV B.V.*
Hangaargebied
Marinevliegkamp 356
2236ZZ Valkenburg ZH
The Netherlands

+31 (0) 15 744 0321
pieterjan.dewitte@atmosuav.com
www.atmosuav.com

Re: CONFIG_NSH_CMDPARMS not working as expected

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
> I can't execute:
>
> echo ":-)" > /test.txt
> "nsh: echo: open failed: No such file or directory"

The root file system is not a "real" file system.  It is a pseudo-file
system and you cannot create regular files there.  See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/Pseudo+File+System (a
little out of date).

Re: CONFIG_NSH_CMDPARMS not working as expected

Posted by Pieter-Jan Dewitte <pi...@atmosuav.com>.
Thanks for that pointer David.

I can't execute:

echo ":-)" > /test.txt
"nsh: echo: open failed: No such file or directory"

but I can:

echo ":-)" > /fs/microsd/test.txt

I tried setting CONFIG_LIBC_TMPDIR to  /fs/microsd/tmp, in both
the defconfig files, and creating the directory /fs/microsd/tmp, but still
the same error.

I'll revisit this problem later, but thanks for the help so far!