Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jana Poornavel <jp...@orangescape.com> on 2006/07/02 13:59:26 UTC

unit testing a service

hi all,
         is there a way to unit test a service without involving
a container environment ?this would be of great of help
if somebody can guide me.

regards,
jana

Re: unit testing a service

Posted by Jim Bender <ji...@gmail.com>.
Jana,

I run a TestNG test, but I must admit that I found some code on the
Internet that showed how to run Embedded Tomcat (5.5) and I use that
for testing a service. You only need some jars and a directory and you
can test the web service. The TestNG test runs a test client and hits
the Embedded Tomcat that it starts up and shuts down.
I don't know how to do a lighter weight test than that.

You should be able to find the example code with a little creative searching.

Jim

On 7/2/06, Jana Poornavel <jp...@orangescape.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>          is there a way to unit test a service without involving
> a container environment ?this would be of great of help
> if somebody can guide me.
>
> regards,
> jana

Jim