Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com> on 2005/09/27 22:18:17 UTC

Using enums as parameters for components

Hi,
I am using 3.03 and trying to tell my .jwc that the value being passed in is an enum.
The enum is a static property of my component.

Here is my error:
An exception has occurred.

You may continue by restarting the session.

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
Unable to convert 'com.pingidentity.component.CertificateSelectionList.CertificateTypes' to a property type.
location: 	context:/WEB-INF/component/CertificateSelectionList.jwc, line 14, column 46

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
Could not load class com.pingidentity.component.CertificateSelectionList.CertificateTypes from ContextLoader@12766459: com.pingidentity.component.CertificateSelectionList.CertificateTypes

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
com.pingidentity.component.CertificateSelectionList.CertificateTypes
Stack Trace:

    * java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
    * java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    * java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
    * org.mortbay.http.ContextLoader.loadClass(ContextLoader.java:227)
    * org.mortbay.http.ContextLoader.loadClass(ContextLoader.java:195)
    * java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

Thoughts?

thanks,

Mark

Re: Using enums as parameters for components

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You forgot the primary rule ... inlcude the source!

My guess is that you should have the following:

@com.pingidentity.component.CertificateSelectionList@CertificateTypes

OGNL isn't as smart as Java, it needs help to know where the class
name ends and the field name begins.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry