Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu> on 2008/01/29 20:33:30 UTC

scope?

Are the <map:flow><map:script>  values inherited by sub sitemaps
like the component configurations, or are they local to a sitemap ?

Can I put all of the <map:script> declarations in my top level
sitemap and use <map:call> in the sub sitemaps ?

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library

Re: More continuation scope questions ... [was: scope?]

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 01.02.2008 20:43, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

> So it appears that the continuation uri must resolve back to the same
> sitemap that originated the initial flowscript call.

Yes, they have to. IIRC this "feature" was only introduced later on for
security reasons and not there from the beginning. I'm not sure there is
an option to switch it off.

Joerg

More continuation scope questions ... [was: scope?]

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
On Jan 29, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

> Are the <map:flow><map:script>  values inherited by sub sitemaps
> like the component configurations, or are they local to a sitemap ?
>
> Can I put all of the <map:script> declarations in my top level
> sitemap and use <map:call> in the sub sitemaps ?

I didn't get any answers on this question, but initial testing (as
well as a close parsing of some of the docs)  seems to indicate
that the declarations are local to a sitemap.

Additionally:

I was getting invalid continuation errors on testing some flowscript
after I added a link for the continuation to a sendPageAndWait() page.

In the parent sitemap, I have a match for '**/*.kont' , which calls
the continuation.

I changed that to match on '*.kont' , as well as previously adding
the same to the child sitemap. ( Initially just adding it, before
changing the parent match didn't fix the problem -- the parent sitemap
catching it seems to be what makes it invalid! )

Now it works, however that change has broken some previously working
stuff that seems to require keeping some relative path info in the
continuation uri's. ( Perhaps I can fix that by using an HTML <BASE>
instead, but I think there was a problem with propagating that value
to other generated content. )

So it appears that the continuation uri must resolve back to the same
sitemap that originated the initial flowscript call. ( Or: is the
problem only going upstream ? Will it work parent-to-child, but not
child-to-parent ? )

( Parent and child sitemaps all have the same scripts listed in the
<map:flow> block. )

Can anyone confirm that this is correct ?
Or is there some other source for the problems I'm seeing.

[ Any other tips on understanding the flowscript processing model
will be appreciated. ]

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library