Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/05 21:55:35 UTC

python error when configuring mesos on CentOS6.6.

Hi, All,
  When I configure mesos 0.21.0 on CentOS6.6, I got python lib error as
following. python2.7 and python-dev packages have been installed already.
Any hints(e.g: ENVs)?
(python-devel-2.6.6-52.el6.x86_64
python27-2.7.3-6.2.el6.nux.x86_64)

checking for python version... 2.7
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib64/python2.7/site-packages
checking for python2.7... (cached) /usr/bin/python
checking for a version of Python >= '2.1.0'... yes
checking for a version of Python >= '2.6'... yes
checking for the distutils Python package... yes
checking for Python include path... -I/usr/include/python2.7
checking for Python library path... -L/usr/lib64 -lpython2.7
checking for Python site-packages path... /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking python extra libraries... -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker -export-dynamic
checking consistency of all components of python development environment...
no
configure: error: in `/home/dan/mesos-0.21.0':
configure: error:
  Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has
been
  installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
  via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
  Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"

   ERROR!
   You probably have to install the development version of the Python
package
   for your distribution.  The exact name of this package varies among them.

Cheers,
Dan

Re: python error when configuring mesos on CentOS6.6.

Posted by Shuai Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 4:55 AM, Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>   When I configure mesos 0.21.0 on CentOS6.6, I got python lib error as
> following. python2.7 and python-dev packages have been installed already.
> Any hints(e.g: ENVs)?
> (python-devel-2.6.6-52.el6.x86_64
> python27-2.7.3-6.2.el6.nux.x86_64)

Your python is 2.7, but python-devel is 2.6. That may be the problem, try
to install python-devel 2.7 and see if it would work.