Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2019/07/24 14:55:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Content Parser API 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser JSON 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser XML 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser XML JCR 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser Test Utilities 2.0.0

Hi,

We solved 1 issue in these releases:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12345735
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12345850
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12345851
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12345852
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12345947

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2107/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=check_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 2107 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Regards,
Radu Cotescu

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Content Parser API 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser JSON 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser XML 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser XML JCR 2.0.0, Apache Sling Content Parser Test Utilities 2.0.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Radu Cotescu wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Konrad,

> On 24 Jul 2019, at 18:44, Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> But I don't think it does matter for final classes as you anyhow cannot extend/implement them!

You’re right, it doesn’t. And if I think better you’re also right that a class like this one should have been a provider, had it not been final.

Thanks,
Radu

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
IMHO  it is the other way around: If only few/one bundle are supposed to implement the interface rather annotate with ProviderType (compare with https://osgi.org/javadoc/osgi.annotation/7.0.0/org/osgi/annotation/versioning/ProviderType.html <https://osgi.org/javadoc/osgi.annotation/7.0.0/org/osgi/annotation/versioning/ProviderType.html> and https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-contentparser-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/contentparser/api/ParserHelper.java <https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-contentparser-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/contentparser/api/ParserHelper.java>).
But I don't think it does matter for final classes as you anyhow cannot extend/implement them!
Konrad

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.