Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dusty Leary <dl...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/16 21:26:04 UTC

atomic update of several documents

I am writing an app in python.
The python couchdb lib defines a function db.update(documents), with
the comment "Perform a bulk update or insertion of the given documents
using a single HTTP request."

I know a single document update fails if my revision is old.

My question is, does a batch update fail for all documents if it fails for one?

-Dusty

Re: atomic update of several documents

Posted by tasman <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 16, 2008, at 10:26 PM, Dusty Leary wrote:

> I am writing an app in python.
> The python couchdb lib defines a function db.update(documents), with
> the comment "Perform a bulk update or insertion of the given documents
> using a single HTTP request."
>
> I know a single document update fails if my revision is old.
>
> My question is, does a batch update fail for all documents if it
> fails for one?
  Yes, it is

Re: atomic update of several documents

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, _bulk_docs which the python lib is using is atomic. All writes
succeed or fail.