Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Harold Molina-Bulla <h....@tsc.uc3m.es> on 2019/09/10 10:50:11 UTC

Attach Shared Volume to new tasks

Hi everybody,

We are implementing a Scheduler for Mesos in python, and we need to attach a preconfigured shared volume to a new Task. The Shared volume is now offered by the agents, we can get all information from the offer, but we do not know how to attach this volume to a new created task.

We are trying with the follow code:

  for off_volume in offers_disks :
                    volume = task.resources.add()
                    volume.name = "disk"
                    volume.type = mesos_pb2.Value.SCALAR
                    volume.scalar.value = off_volume.scalar.value
                    volume.disk.persistence.id = off_volume.disk.persistence.id
                    volume.disk.volume.container_path = off_volume.disk.volume.container_path
                    volume.disk.volume.mode = off_volume.disk.volume.mode

Where offer_disks are the list of offered shared volumes (as we said previously, this volume was created before to try to launch the Tasks, with the field “shared” defined); task is the new task created using mesos_pb2.TaskInfo().

When  we try to create this new task, the system says:

"Task uses invalid resources: Invalid DiskInfo: Persistent volumes cannot be created from unreserved resources."

How can I attach this shared volume to my new Task?

Thanks in advance.

H.

“En una época de mentira universal, decir la verdad constituye un acto revolucionario”
George Orwell (1984)
Recuerda: PRISM te está vigilando!!! X)
Harold Molina-Bulla
h.molina@tsc.uc3m.es
Clave GnuPG: 189D5144

Re: Attach Shared Volume to new tasks

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Can you show the full resource information from the offer?