Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/30 10:19:24 UTC

[m2] Launching plugin with non default configuration

Hello,

I try [unsuccessfully] to launch a plugin with a non default configuration.

My project generates mock source code by analysing .class files.  In order
to test it, I have written some classes that must be compiled before I
launch my generator.
Thus, I would like to launch a compiler on a specific directory at the
beginning of the generate-test-sources phase.

I use the alpha-3 version.  I have tried different things like that,

<plugin>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>mockable_compile</id>
<phase>generate-test-sources</phase>
<configuration>
<compileSourceRoots>src/test/mockable-src</compileSourceRoots>
<outputDirectory>${project.build.testOutputDirectory}</outputDirectory >
</configuration>
<goals>
<goal>testCompile</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

But, this compiles both src/test/mockable-src and my src/test.
When I use the goal compile, it is even worse.  It compile all my
src/main/java files, and place the result in the project.build.output
directory.

Everything happen like if the configuration that I put comes after (or on
top) of the default configuration.

Can we change this behaviour ?
Can we compile 2 source directory at different states without writing a
plugin ?

SCOKART Gilles