Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/13 22:00:47 UTC

Tools for maintaining OpenJPA documentation

Just trying to start a new thread on this topic since my reply to an SVN
commit message went unanswered...  :-)

What kind of tools are being used to maintain the OpenJPA manual?  The
documentation updates that I have done have all been pretty minor, so I
haven't been too concerned with messing up the tags in the documentation xml
files.  But, some of the updates that I would like to do require some fairly
extensive changes.  I'm afraid that I just start to edit these xml files
with my favorite editor that I might get myself into a tag mess that I can't
recover from...

Since this documentation originated with the SolarMetric folks, maybe one of
them can comment on some "best practices" for updating the manual?  Or, if
other open-source developers have some input, that would be great.  I would
like to stick with our current xml format and build process, so I'm not
looking to upset the apple cart.  I just need some guidance on editting
practices.

Thanks!
Kevin

Re: Tools for maintaining OpenJPA documentation

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
> For editing docbook, I just use an text editor, and then periodically
> use the "xmllint" console application to ensure that I haven't
> violated the DTD. I believe xmllint is available for all platforms,
> and I use the following command:

I believe that xmllint is part of the libxml2 package, for those of
you using Debian, Ubuntu, fink, or cygwin.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: Tools for maintaining OpenJPA documentation

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Kevin-

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.