Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/19 06:44:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release PhotArk M1-incubating (RC1)

Please review and vote on the M1-incubating release artifacts of PhotArk.

The artifacts are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~lresende/photark/M1-incubating-RC1/

This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT report,
and the Maven staging repository.

The release tag is available at :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/photark/tags/M1-incubating-RC1/

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [VOTE] Release PhotArk M1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Angela Cymbalak <a....@nechtan.org>.
I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! :-)

+1

Sorry for the delay,
Angie

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> FF3 and IE7 on Windows. FF with Firebug showed me the actual problems. IE is
> hopeless at that.

Thanks, and agreeing with some of your observations on IE and js issues.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Thanks for all the reviews, I'll fix the issues found and provide a
> new release candidate in the next couple days.
>
> BTW, what browsers you guys were using, where you found the JavaScript erros ?

FF3 on MacOSX.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release PhotArk M1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

finally I had a look at the release and actually I'm sorry to say that
I'm -1 on them. They look good (although I get some javascript errors,
but that's not a blocker imho) apart from the missing DISCLAIMER file in
the root of the archives. It's completly missing in the bin dist and
only in some sub folders of the source dist.

So I think adding the file to the root of the archives is all that's
missing.

It would be nice if the INSTALL file in the bin dist would contain a
little bit about installation :)

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release PhotArk M1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Please review and vote on the M1-incubating release artifacts of
> PhotArk.
> >>
> >> The artifacts are available for review at:
> >> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/photark/M1-incubating-RC1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/photark/M1-incubating-RC1/>
> >>
> >> This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT
> report,
> >> and the Maven staging repository.
> >>
> >> The release tag is available at :
> >>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/photark/tags/M1-incubating-RC1/
> >>

> > And off course, my +1 as everything looks good.
> >

> Mentors, committers and other community members... anyone reviewing
> the release candidate ?

Apologies for taking so long to get to this. I have a lot going on right
now...

In general, it looks good, and I don't see anything that would stop us from
releasing.

A couple of minor things, though:

1) The text files in the distro root (README, LICENSE, et al) have Unix line
ends, which means they're almost illegible for Windows users using Notepad.
Since I don't think there's an issue the other way around, we should ensure
that we use Windows line ends in these files.

2) There are some bugs in the JavaScript code (missing code) that throw up
errors in Firebug.

As I said, these should not stop us from releasing right now, though.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please review and vote on the M1-incubating release artifacts of PhotArk.
>>>
>>> The artifacts are available for review at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/photark/M1-incubating-RC1/
>>>
>>> This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT report,
>>> and the Maven staging repository.
>>>
>>> The release tag is available at :
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/photark/tags/M1-incubating-RC1/
>>>
>> And off course, my +1 as everything looks good.
>>

> Mentors, committers and other community members... anyone reviewing
> the release candidate ?

Hi,

sorry for not responding earlier; I'm a little bit busy at a conference
this week, but plabn to look at it either over the weekend or next week.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release PhotArk M1-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.