Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by Lasaro Camargos <la...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/04 15:13:47 UTC

Building with newer java versions

Hi there.
I am trying to build the ratis code using the instructions from the pages,
that is, clone the repo and `mvn clean package`. I am seeing, however, an
error regarding the Generated annotation in the gRPC generated code, seen
below.
Any advice on how to work around this without messing with the third party
dependencies?

ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:compile
(default-compile) on project ratis-proto: Compilation failure: Compilation
failure:
[ERROR]
/Users/lcamargos/ufu/incubator-ratis/ratis-proto/target/generated-sources/org/apache/ratis/proto/grpc/RaftServerProtocolServiceGrpc.java:[20,17]
error: package javax.annotation does not exist
[ERROR]
/Users/lcamargos/ufu/incubator-ratis/ratis-proto/target/generated-sources/org/apache/ratis/proto/FileTransferExampleServiceGrpc.java:[20,17]
error: package javax.annotation does not exist
[ERROR]
/Users/lcamargos/ufu/incubator-ratis/ratis-proto/target/generated-sources/org/apache/ratis/proto/hadoop/RaftServerProtocolServiceGrpc.java:[20,17]
error: package javax.annotation does not exist
[ERROR]
/Users/lcamargos/ufu/incubator-ratis/ratis-proto/target/generated-sources/org/apache/ratis/proto/grpc/AdminProtocolServiceGrpc.java:[20,17]
error: package javax.annotation does not exist
[ERROR]
/Users/lcamargos/ufu/incubator-ratis/ratis-proto/target/generated-sources/org/apache/ratis/proto/grpc/RaftClientProtocolServiceGrpc.java:[20,17]
error: package javax.annotation does not exist
[ERROR]
/Users/lcamargos/ufu/incubator-ratis/ratis-proto/target/generated-sources/org/apache/ratis/proto/hadoop/CombinedClientProtocolServiceGrpc.java:[20,17]
error: package javax.annotation does not exist

Regards.
Lásaro

Re: Building with newer java versions

Posted by Lasaro Camargos <la...@gmail.com>.