Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jan Delannoy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 17:33:36 UTC

insufficient and/or wrong information when browsing archiva repository

Hi all,

I have a Maven project that I'm trying to deploy into Archiva, and all
seems to work fine, except that when I browse to the artifact in my
Archiva repository I only get the most basic of information: groupId,
artifactId, version and packaging.  There's no other information (POM
dependency snippet, other details, SCM, dependency tab, ...).  Also,
the value for packaging is wrong, it says 'pom' instead of the 'jar'
that is in my pom file.  When I checked the archiva log file, I found
this error:

98083709 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.maven.archiva.indexer.record.RepositoryIndexRecordFactory:standard
 - Error reading POM file
[/var/local/repository/snapshot/com/mediamine/common/common/3.2-SNAPSHOT/common-3.2-20070419.140014-8.pom]
for com.mediamine.common:common:jar:3.2-SNAPSHOT:runtime, not
populating in index: Cannot find parent: com.mediamine:mediamine for
project: com.mediamine.common:common:jar:3.2-SNAPSHOT

Strangely enough this parent pom is nicely deployed in my repository,
and both Maven and Continuum don't seem to have any problems
retrieving it.  Is it possible that Archiva has problems indexing
artifacts that use POM inheritance?  Or does Archiva somehow need more
information about this parent pom?  Or is this error message unrelated
to my problem?  Any ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks!
Jan