Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1995/12/02 00:11:04 UTC

sponsorship of www.apache.org

I've been contacted by a Rather Large computer software/hardware vendor
interested in giving the Apache project a rather nice hardware package (well
into the 5 figures), in exchange for being able to put a logo on the Apache
home page saying "Powered by ...".  Before I divulge the name of the company,
I would like to ask people's opinions on the subject.  The only condition
presented to me is the placement of their logo, probably exclusively (meaning
no other companies), on the home page - nothing about stopping support for
other platforms or anything silly like that.  All of hyperreal would upgrade
to this new machine, so everyone who has accounts currently would keep
theirs, and I could add quite a few more too.

Thoughts?

	Brian