Posted to general@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/11/09 23:41:26 UTC

commons-maths 4 apache-commons

the movement process has started (in a small way) over in
jakarta-commons. it'd probably be a good idea to let me know now if i
need to cool the fires (rather than stoke them).

- robert

Re: commons-maths 4 apache-commons

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
I'm assuming (by now) that everyone who has been in any way involved
with commons-math should (at the very least) register a view at this
point.

+1 for commons-math to use Subversion.

Tim

Tim O'Brien - tobrien@discursive.com - (847) 863-7045

Re: commons-maths 4 apache-commons

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
Subversion and Maven?  Maven core doesn't seem to have anything specific
to CVS, and the changelog plugin appears to speak Subversion.

Subversion and Gump?  Not sure, I'm not a big Gump fan.  I did manage to
look at the repository descriptor XML for jakarta, and (at least from
what I can gather) these repository descriptors seem to be very, very
CVS specific.

We should not make decision based on the limitations of Gump.  If Gump
needs to adapt, it should.  Otherwise, there are a few continuous
integration options available.

Tim

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 04:50:31PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Given Greg's -1 on using CVS, subject to a full PMC vote (as I'm not clear if
> that is a veto or a vote),

Since the vote wasn't about a technical matter, then it is only a vote.

We can easily preserve history using cvs2svn, but it would break "check
out based on <this> date." Check out based on tag/branch would definitely
continue to work.

Cheers,
-g

--